Major gifts come directly from individuals by personal gift or through a family foundation or donor advised fund. Nearly three quarters of a large organization’s fundraising income can come from individual giving. The benefit of a Major Gift program is first, developing a relationship with the donor that could last a lifetime and second, the gift(s) can come at any time for any purpose, without the restrictions that exist for foundations.
Our experienced prospect researchers help you identify individuals whose areas of interest match the programs for which you seek support. A Major Gift fundraising strategy can lead to better board development and increased giving by the board and their circle of influence. We can find someone for your organization’s board with a connection to donors who care about your program. We can help you create a contact network to facilitate that process, provide individual profiles of donors, and use your donor data to help you achieve greater returns in the future.
Our services include:
- Identifying new prospects, creating a contact network, or finding potential board members whose areas of interest and giving match your organization’s mission.
- Researching individuals to provide prospect profiles with contact information, personal history, capacity to give, and social networks.
- Results-focused prospect research training for new, growing or small development offices. We offer consulting in CRM databases and research resource procurement and management.
- Optimizing your donor data and conducting wealth screenings to identify major gift donors and board prospects in your immediate circle.
- Strategic plan support and supervised prospect portfolio management for the senior development teams’ growing Major Gift strategy.
Deliverables include prospect research profiles, strategically crafted prospect portfolios and prospect screenings, person to person results focused research training programs.