The conduct of a development assessment should be viewed as a critical period during which the organization’s volunteer and executive leadership develops a deeper understanding of its own commitment and responsibilities to the organization and for fundraising. The resulting report and recommendations will provide a common point of departure for launching a strategic development program.
- analysis of internal records, systems and operations as well as management, marketing, communications and strategies.
- interviews to bring to light distinguishing strengths, identify new prospects and connections, and further engage individuals in supporting the organization
- benchmarking of peer organizations, providing a comparative analysis of development-related activities.
Deliverables include a summary report containing our findings, analysis and recommendations, and a presentation of the report to the board.
Based on the findings of our assessment and benchmarking, we will deliver a strategic development plan for both growth and sustainability, to serve as a road map for the organization’s staff and board.
Deliverables include a written plan with:
- 3-year goals with development and marketing strategies for achieving them
- planning goals for each contributor constituency (individuals, foundations, corporations)
- methods of evaluation
- major prospect, planned gift, and alumni/ae strategies
- online and data management strategies to maximize annual giving
- leverage special events, turning prospects into donors and board members
- identified prospects, connections and next steps
- roles and responsibilities for development staff and board committees
- critical issues that may impact fundraising and a strategy to address them
- implementation timeline, budget, and next steps